- Know the names and functions of the machines in the shop
- Demonstrate appropriate safety protocols
- Complete a project OK’d by Wood Shop Instructor to earn an Emblem.
- Able to use basic wood tools; power and hand tools.
- Return all tools to their proper area when you are done.
- Must be able to read a ruler
- Must have plans on paper before starting a project.
- Should be able to work alone and ask for help when needed.
- Take the initiative to clean up at the end of the period.
- Be responsible for the starting and finishing of the project.
- Be aware of equipment that is in use around your area.
- Alert the instructor when there are safety issues
- Must have earned an Emblem and are eligible to earn a Star
- Must be willing to step up and help the younger campers
- Take the initiative and do a camp project