Back To Top
- Bike parts
- How does a bike work?
- The mechanics of a bike
- The physics of why you don’t fall
- Why you have gears.
- Types of bike and bike races.
- Road (criterium, road race, time trial), mounting (xc, downhill, time trial), cyclocross, track.
- How does the Tour de France work?
- How is a bike race different from a running race?
- What is drafting and how does it work? How important is it?
- Bike maintenance
- How to fix a flat tire
- How to lube a chain
- More advanced maintenance: adjust cable tension, true a wheel.
- Proper shifting, maintain the proper cadence
- Position – for climbing, sprinting, flat riding
- How to mount and dismount
- On a hill
- While running (necessary for cyclocross races)
- Navigate obstacles similar to ones found in cyclocross races.
- How to navigate bumps, roots; how to bunny hop
- Bike to pope’s and back
- Bike up pope’s hill without having to get off and walk